NOT JUST A ROOF
WE ARE NOT JUST A ROOF. GIVE TO OUR #NOT JUST A ROOF Christmas campaign, and you will offer so much more to homeless people in Brighton and Hove.
Watch this video, and click here to donate.
Homelessness can take everything away from you.
Rebuilding a life is complex.
Listen to Noeleen, our fundraising manager, speak about the support we provide.
At Brighton YMCA, we believe that with the right support, homeless people can claim back what homelessness has taken from them.
In the harsh reality of homelessness in Brighton, we support over 500 people each year to achieve the best chances in life, through a complex array of services.
This Christmas, help us reach our target of £5,000 to continue to support over 500 people each year to access counselling, volunteering, work and learning and not least, housing.
- A donation of £10 could help someone start accessing in-house employment support.
- Give £60 and it will provide two counselling sessions.
- With £100 we could pay for that initial support necessary to turn one’s life around
Would you like to raise awareness for us?
We are not just housing! We are:
- a bridge to independence
- a path to sustained employment
- a journey to well-being
Raise awareness for us – NOT JUST A ROOF
Post a photo of yourself making the shape of our complex roof and help us raise awareness of the diversity of services which empower our clients have the best chances to succeed.
THIS IS HOW TO DO THIS:
If you would like to get involved, get in touch and we will send you more information on how you can make the best of our campaign!
NOT JUST A ROOF
We support people to reach their potential, overcome hardship and move forward.
Alongside accommodation we offer:
- a counselling service ;
- work and learning support through a LASER accredited course and EVOLVE, a unique approach truly taking into account the difficulties homeless people can face
- health and well-being initiatives
All these are different pathways to support work towards gaining self worth, and thus it being less likely to return on the streets.
As the largest supported housing provider, in one year:
- We have housed over 500 people housed in a year.
- We have offered 313 hours of counselling to 75 clients.
- We have given 73 volunteering awards at our latest Client Appreciation Ceremony
We extend our THANKS to Paul Haley and Briony Banks for helping us draft, rework and conceptually finalise the logo for the campaign.
Wow, this has already been such a journey. We are proud to have teamed up withTheBigGive
for the first week of December to DOUBLE all donations.