78-81 Lewes Road
About the project
We offer supported housing to 31 people in studio flats based in the Lewes Road area of Brighton. One unit is accessible for people with mobility impairments.
How can I get a place here?
All referrals are made through Brighton and Hove City Council. More information on how to access housing.
We are unable to offer permanent accommodation. This accommodation is aimed at helping you to get ready for moving to greater independence.
Stanley Court provide a safe environment, where staff are available for advice and support. The office is staffed Monday to Friday 8am-4pm and the project benefits from the services of a night porter.
You will be assigned a key worker who will support you in identifying and achieving goals to help you move into independent housing.
Everyone living at Stanley Court can benefit from a range of opportunities:
- The gardening group is open to all. You can come in for a taster session or attend regularly and learn a new skill while enjoying the fresh air.
- Our volunteering scheme gives you an opportunity to be involved in the project, while gaining useful skills.
- Our summer barbecues are an opportunity to share move on experiences with ex-residents.
- Inquire with your keyworker if you would like to get involved in Albion in the Community’s accessible football session.
- Monthly residents’ meetings give everyone an opportunity to have a say on the project and meet other residents. We invite regular guest speakers such as: Credit Union, Albion in the Community, Friends’ Centre and Community safety team ‘Safe in the city’. This gives you an opportunity to hear about services in the community that may be of help or interest.
- All Brighton YMCA housing projects offer access to counselling via Head Office, if required.