In 1967 Steine House began to accommodate those under the care of the local authority, such as single mothers and their children and homeless people.
In 1975 Brighton YMCA registered as a Housing Association. It did this in order to continue to meet the needs of our clients. It also paved the way for future developments.
On the 14th of August 1989, Her Royal Highness the Princess Royal opened William Collier House. William Collier House was named after William Collier MBE, Brighton YMCA’s Chief Executive from 1967 to 1990.
Morton Court, a block of 27 flats on Old Shoreham Road in Portslade, opened in 1992. Morton Court was named after the late James Morton, who had been Chairman of Brighton YMCA.
Stanley Court, a block of 31 studio flats, started to be managed by Brighton YMCA in 1997.
The church front of the building is all that now remains of the Lewes Road Congregational Church, built in 1872.
In March 2009, the redevelopment of George Williams Mews was completed. This included 25 en-suite bedrooms in 5 houses, 37 studio flats and an office block and life skills centre. In January 2010, Her Royal Highness the Princess Royal formerly opened the project.
Unfortunately 2009 also saw a fire take hold at Steine House, which caused significant damage and contributed to the closure of Steine House as a provider of hostel accommodation.
Following extensive fire repairs, in 2012 Brighton YMCA moved its Registered Office to Steine House.